- Plugs into the base unit like a sensor
- Global satellite coverage from pole to pole
- Use satellite connectivity as primary connection mode
- or as backup when regular IP network is down
- Get alerts via email, SMS through space
- Positioning via built-in GPS
- Requires satellite plan from InfraSensing
Available Q2/Q3 2019
From pole to pole.
How it works
The Satellite Communication Add-On connects to the SensorGateway (BASE-WIRED) on the sensor side. It exchanges data with and is powered by the base unit. One sensor port is required for the Satellite Alert Add-On. In order to use the add-on a monthly subscription through InfraSensing is required to connect the device onto the satellite network. Credits are required per message sent or received by the SensorGateway.